Tired Of Looking At Those Bags Under Your Eyes? October 25, 2010Posted by DrSkinSpa in Anti-aging Skin care, Eye care, Natural Skin Care, Skin Care.
Tags: Anti-Aging, Doctor Recommended, professional skin care, puffy eyes, skin care products, tired eyes
add a comment
When you look in the mirror do your eyes look tired and puffy? Do you have what is commonly known as “bags” under your eyes?
One of the most common reasons for puffiness around the eyes is due to lack of sleep or being tired, this is why we normally find that our eyes are more swollen and puffy in the morning than later on in the day. Alcohol, tobacco and seasonal allergies can also cause puffiness and swealing around the eye area. Aging is also a contributing factor to the change in the skin around our eyes, as we age our eyes tend to show the first signs of aging by causing long term puffiness and reduced firmness in the skin around the eye area. When skin loses it’s firmness it begins to sag causing the droopy looking skin under the eye area which fills with fluid causing puffiness.
There are many home remedies for decreasing eye puffiness such as chilled cucumber slices and cooled tea bags but these are short term solutions and only help with momentary puffiness. If you find that your eyes seem puffy all the time or are starting to look tired and droopy then it is time that you look for a more long term solution that focuses on reconstructing the skin around the eye area and improve the skin’s elasticity.
ELEMIS a professional skin care line that uses rich botanicals and essential oils has developed many advanced skin care products designed to moisturize and treat the delicate skin area around the eye.
For daily use the Elemis Eye-Awake Recovery Gel is a great way to start the day and provide instant relief from eye strain and tired eyes reducing puffiness while overtime making the eye area look firmer and tighter. The Elemis Absolute Eye Serum and Pro Collagen Eye Renewal are specialty treatment products developed for long term daily use to combat the signs of aging and within 28 days have been proven to decrease fine lines, wrinkles, puffiness and even dark circles.
There are several other doctor recommended skin care products that have been developed based on scientific evidence to improve the tone and overall appearance of the skin, especially around the eyes such as Skin Within Eye Bright, Sothys Active Contour Distressing Mask, Skin Medica Eye Serum and NeoCutis Bio-Restorative Eye Cream. All of these and more doctor recommended products can be found online http://www.drskinspa.com.
Say Goodbye to Tired Eyes – How to Erase Dark Circles July 19, 2010Posted by DrSkinSpa in Eye care, Skin Care.
add a comment
Dr. Farid Mostamand
Most women yearn for the days when their eyes were bright, vivid, and young. However, from aging, stress, and tiredness, dark circles make the eyes appear tired and much older than they really are.
Alas, until recently, there were few products that would do much to resolve this problem. However, an understanding of why dark circles appear has helped researchers develop eye treatments that can reduce the appearance of tired eyes, leaving the eyes appearing brighter and much younger looking.
Why Do Dark Circles Appear Around the Eyes?
There have been many theories circulating about why dark circles appear around the eyes. Some of the most common include:
- Nasal congestion from allergies
- Water retention that occurs during sleep
- Lack of sleep and stress
- Too much sodium in the diet
While all of these factors may contribute to dark circles under the eyes, the underlying reason for the condition is blood from the capillaries that leaks into the area, forming bluish-red pigmentation that resembles a bruise.
By understanding this process and the factors that can contribute to the problem, it is easier to prevent dark circles from occurring. Of course, you can also more effectively find the right eye treatments that will reduce your dark circles.
Possible Treatments for Dark Circles
- Hylexin – Hylexin, developed by Bremenn Research Labs, targets the heart of the problem with dark circles. Hylexin provides the best environment for enzymatic activity so the capillaries stop leaking red blood cells. Clinical trials conducted by Bremenn showed that 72% of the women with serious dark circles that used Hylexin saw visible improvement in their under-eye area. This product is primarily designed for those with severe dark circles, although others may benefit from the formula as well.
- Kinerase – The well-known skin care company also offers a solution to circles under the eye. Kinerase’s Under Eye Rescue takes a different approach to dark circles by providing a nutrient-rich formula that works for fine lines and wrinkles, as well as the appearance of tired eyes. This Kinerase combination uses peptides, collagen and kinetin to diminish the look of dark circles and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles at the same time. In addition, Kinerase’s Under Eye Rescue is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic and fragrance-free, so it can work on this sensitive area quite adeptly.
- Vivier – Vivier Dark Circle Diminishing Eye Cream packs a powerful nutrient punch with vitamin K and potent antioxidants. When vitamin K is used on a daily basis, it has been shown to reduce the appearance of puffiness, as well as dark circles. In addition, Vivier includes antioxidants in the form of vitamin-C IDS, which reduce fluid buildup under the eyes, and therefore, decrease the look of dark circles. This Vivier combination not only works to reduce the appearance of dark circles, but it will also give the user younger-looking skin by minimizing the look of fine lines and wrinkle.
Dark circles are not a desirable characteristic, but there are methods for reducing their appearance. Whether you decide to tackle dark circles by altering enzymatic activity or feed the under-eye area with a powerful punch of vitamins and antioxidants, you can reduce the look of those annoying dark circles once and for all.